theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Work Visa USA

Work Visa USA

Author
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yeah its a question impossible to answer really, if its for work related purposes you do have to apply for a visa like mentioned above.

Have your interview, perhaps bring in a letter or 2 of good positive references be it your manager or work colleges or someone who knows you well, try to find someone who has a good working background and employed.

I have never had that interview so can't advise further but at least if you suggest it was a long time ago and your a different person now and moved on it may work or may not, all depends on the interviewer for your work visa.

If it does not work out, perhaps you could discuss the matter with your boss and explain you can't travel to US and see if other options are available.
marcusnicholas
marcusnicholas
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)Supreme Being (834 reputation)

hi tony i think this enough to answer your question.
Applicants applying for visas at the U.S. Embassy in Dublin are required to furnish a court record from the court(s) in which you were tried. Such court records must show the nature of the offense(s) committed, the section(s) of law contravened and the actual penalty imposed. If the arrest did not result in a conviction, you may submit with your application the documents relating to the arrest. Applicants applying for visas at the U.S. Embassy in Dublin are also required to furnish a Police Certificate from your local Garda Station.
The Pineapple Thief
The Pineapple Thief
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)

Hi Tony,

Difficult one to answer I'm afraid - it could be that no one wants to be the possible bearer of bad news. I would say that yes, you would have to go through the visa process and have the interview etc.

Normal tourist travel I would suggest you may wish to try your luck with the "it was a long time ago, remorse, remorse, folly of youth" etc. and this may well work with the tourist side if applying. I would check on the Unlock Hub to see if there is any more information regarding work visas. I'm tired tonight otherwise I'd have a look for you and post the link here.

Sorry I'm not much help - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along in due course.

I haven't stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!

I havent stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!
TonyTucker
TonyTucker
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)

When i was younger i made a few silly mistakes and ended up getting locked up for a few years for concerned in the supply (class B).

I was released in 2006 and since then have had no issues at all with the police, now a job has came up that would require travel to USA. I see some people getting visa's with simple possession charges but i can't find anything about the concerned in the supply.

Would it be a simple refusal or if i went for an interview is there a possibility of getting one however small?
TonyTucker
TonyTucker
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)Supreme Being (850 reputation)

No one has and info on this subject?
GO