theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

SIA License with criminal record

SIA License with criminal record

Author
Neo Matrix
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for your comments. I previously read the article you have suggested to read. I think it’s 50/50 for me so I’m just going to re sit my course and hope for the best.

I will obtain character references and write up a mitigation report and see how far I get.

I will keep you guys in the loop.

Thanks
Gary
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

GaryTS - 21 Jul 18 6:15 AM
Morning all.

I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted to get peoples feedback in relation to gaining an SIA license with convictions?

I have 2x convictions for theft related incidents
1. disposal by way of Community Order - 1 year November 2012
2- Disposal by way of custodial sentence - 15 months July 2013
I have been on the SIA website and it says they will accept my application from October 2018. However, I will need to include mitigation and character references with my application.

I was wondering if any of you out there have managed to obtain a SIA license with having a conviction that will never be filtered?
since my release from prison I have gained employment where I have been for the last 4 years.

Can anyone give me any advice or previous experience or know of anyone who has got their license?
I appreciate my offences are dishonesty related and it does not look good for a security related job however, It was one mistake in my life and I have been good since and will not re offend. I have a colleague who can help me get a close protection job but i need to know what my chances are in getting licensed before i spend lots of money out.

Many thanks in advanced.

Gary

Hi Gary, this isn't something I've been involved in, but there is relevant stuff on the Unlock website here. Hope that helps.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Neo Matrix
Neo Matrix
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

Morning all.

I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted to get peoples feedback in relation to gaining an SIA license with convictions?

I have 2x convictions for theft related incidents
1. disposal by way of Community Order - 1 year November 2012
2- Disposal by way of custodial sentence - 15 months July 2013
I have been on the SIA website and it says they will accept my application from October 2018. However, I will need to include mitigation and character references with my application.

I was wondering if any of you out there have managed to obtain a SIA license with having a conviction that will never be filtered?
since my release from prison I have gained employment where I have been for the last 4 years.

Can anyone give me any advice or previous experience or know of anyone who has got their license?
I appreciate my offences are dishonesty related and it does not look good for a security related job however, It was one mistake in my life and I have been good since and will not re offend. I have a colleague who can help me get a close protection job but i need to know what my chances are in getting licensed before i spend lots of money out.

Many thanks in advanced.

Gary
GO