theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Unspent conviction plus living in a park home - home insurance

Unspent conviction plus living in a park home - home insurance

Author
dcn1951
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)Supreme Being (334 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi
I was convicted in March 2018 of downloading images of minors and was sentenced to 8 months' prison, suspended for 2 years, plus a fine of £5,000. I'm also on the SOR for 10 years plus an SHPO of the same term.
As part of the process of starting a new life I've moved to a different part of the country and purchased a park home on a small residential site. The home was only a few months old and could be considered a luxury model.
My problem is that, even using the brokers on Unlock's list I am unable to find an underwriter who will cover me. Plenty will cover the park home consideration, or the unspent conviction, but not the two together. This is the first time in my life that my home and possessions have been uninsured and I feel pretty insecure.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for brokers or companies, or just any helpful experience, please?
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dcn1951 - 30 Jul 18 5:15 PM
Hi
I was convicted in March 2018 of downloading images of minors and was sentenced to 8 months' prison, suspended for 2 years, plus a fine of £5,000. I'm also on the SOR for 10 years plus an SHPO of the same term.
As part of the process of starting a new life I've moved to a different part of the country and purchased a park home on a small residential site. The home was only a few months old and could be considered a luxury model.
My problem is that, even using the brokers on Unlock's list I am unable to find an underwriter who will cover me. Plenty will cover the park home consideration, or the unspent conviction, but not the two together. This is the first time in my life that my home and possessions have been uninsured and I feel pretty insecure.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for brokers or companies, or just any helpful experience, please?

Hi Try  Intasure Park & Static Home insurance, hope they can help, please let me know.
GO