theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi James

Have you had a look at Unlock's list of brokers hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/list-insurance-brokers/.

It might be a case of spending a couple of hours ringing around but hopefully there will be somebody that can help.

Good luck and congratulations on the job

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
bahh
bahh
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)

Hi James.

Tough one. Do direct line do that insurance. I know they don't ask any convictions questions for car insurance. Worth a look?

onwards and upwards

onwards and upwards
BenS
BenS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)

Hi James, maybe you've been here already (so sorry if it's a waste of time), but Unlock has info on insurance and specific insurers re. convictions questions: https://hub.unlock.org.uk/information/insurance/
james gtr manchester
james gtr manchester
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi,

I've been offered a job despite having a conviction for the possession of indecent images.

So my problem now is that I need professional indemnity insurance, however i'm finding that a lot of companies wont touch me with a barge pole.

Does anyone have any advice?
james gtr manchester
james gtr manchester
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Cheers, I didn't see this!!
ogoreo
ogoreo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)

james gtr manchester - 5 Apr 16 9:24 AM
Hi,

I've been offered a job despite having a conviction for the possession of indecent images.

So my problem now is that I need professional indemnity insurance, however i'm finding that a lot of companies wont touch me with a barge pole.

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi James, 
I have now called 10 Insurers on the Unlocked list and none will provide me Professional Indemnity insurance as I was sentenced to 1 year in prison in 2015 and am not out of the Rehabilitation Period. 
Did you find anyone? 

CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

0345 122 0744 try these people they are Intasure dont know if they specifically cover what your after but I have my business insurance with them. They were nice to deal with.
ogoreo
ogoreo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)Supreme Being (658 reputation)

For anyone else who is at the end of their tether I have finally found (after about 50 calls) a broker who will provide Professional Indemnity insurance. They are Coversure, I spoke to guy called Alex Goff, telephone is 01788 878044. 
Unlock may I be so bold as to suggest you add them to your list of insurers for Professional Indemnity as I called so many and its horrible having to explain to 50 different people the details of a mistake you made in the past!

Edited
6 Years Ago by ogoreo
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

ogoreo - 7 Jun 18 11:37 AM
For anyone else who is at the end of their tether I have finally found (after about 50 calls) a broker who will provide Professional Indemnity insurance. They are Coversure, I spoke to guy called Alex Goff, telephone is 01788 878044. 
Unlock may I be so bold as to suggest you add them to your list of insurers for Professional Indemnity as I called so many and its horrible having to explain to 50 different people the details of a mistake you made in the past!

Thanks for the information about Coversure. They may indeed be one to add to our list of brokers.

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO