theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Advice needed

Advice needed

Author
PTSDUK
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Long story short. I was arrested for smacking my daughter after she reported me to her school. She was being cheeky and back chatting so l smacked her on her legs. Two weeks later lm visited by social services and the local police. I'm arrested for a s39 assualt.

Wife wanted mediation then refused. So l am left to accept a simple caution. Problem is that I work for the police and have been told that there's a 95% chance l will lose my job.

I shouldn't have smacked her l know that, but l now face the prospect of losing my home, job and family because of one silly mistake.

What are my options going forward regarding employment?
PTSDUK
PTSDUK
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)

Thanks for your replies. Well l did lose my job over this, my house and my family. I'm now waiting in family court as my wife took out a non molestation order against me at Xmas.

Not seeing my children at all over Xmas has been really hard. Things are really bleak at the moment. All l can see is dark clouds
PTSDUK
PTSDUK
Supreme Being

Thanks for your replies guys. I hear what your saying, part of me still loves her. We went to family court and the non molestation order was issued ex-partie, based on her evidence alone. I paid £200 for a 3 minute hearing to say that l would be contesting the order. What amazes me is that a court can issue an order that is based one side only. apparently she has been speaking to experts who have convinced her that she has been a victim of domestic violence for years. Although in all these years, she has controlled all the money, bills, police or social services have never been called to our door, and l have only been arrested once in my entire life.

Do l carry on fighting or what?
PTSDUK
PTSDUK
Supreme Being

Hi l was a PCSO front line, choice was resign with a reference or fight it, get sacked no reference and little chance of getting another job. At times l wish l had be successful at the suicide
GO