theForum

flight transfers in america

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic11648.aspx

By simon - 20 Feb 12 8:52 PM

Can anybody shed some light on whether or not the rules apply to ex-criminals who are merely changing flights in american airports and not staying in the US

eg travel from london to peru with a change at JFK airport

just found the answer to my own question that i had not bothered to search for... lol

it does include transfers and you may have to go through immigration when changing terminals.
By Mirrorman - 20 Jun 12 9:03 PM

Two options.

Don't tell them anything on the ESTA. If caught out you will be sent home on the next flight and chances of getting back in are very low.

Tell them everything, apply for a visa, probably get denied and then hope they recommend you for a waiver of ineligibility, this is a long process.

I would look for direct flights if possible or transfers no where near the US.
By MovingOn - 27 Jun 11 7:10 PM

Once you declare your conviction your name/passport will be flagged (don't think that will ever come off). I'd stay away from North America, including Canada. Fly via different countries.

i suppose an overnight stop in 5th avenue is off the menu then.
By Victor H - 15 Dec 13 7:37 PM

US will always be a big issue... as with everyone else you either live the lie and try to fit in and be normal and treated like a human being. Then you may get into US the worlds biggest prison where every celebrity and human being is a criminal... mind you everyone is a criminal in this worldWink

Or you disclose and get illegally blocked in every possible way....

Some massive threads and even one linked in the thread below:

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/default.aspx?f=37&m=7410

Its tricky to say anything but some guys mentioned catching the flight to us via dublin airport.... since you go thru the checks in uk at least so on the other side you just go right thru without any checks. This would be way better then flying to US and then being rejected and then sent back costing you £££££.

Course most don't bother with disclosure and go right through since they have 1000s to process and check, as long as your not flagged ie you are sweating or look nervous or carrying packs under your t-shirt, or you made a 2 or 3 day pit stop to us (anyone gets suspicious with that one!) or anything that may flag you most likely you would walk right thru course you can still get caught out sadly. Check that thread for more info.... you can even watch UK border shows.... you see how airports work there main agenda being stopping drugs from coming in !