theForum

Help with understanding CRB/ ACRO

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic25538.aspx

By east72 - 14 Sep 18 6:38 PM

Hi
Im still stumped understanding ACRO and what to disclose ..
I have got my ACRO through the post to see what i did get charged with etc 
What im struggling with is what i have to disclose as it was basically all the same thing just different years etc without going into too much it reads..
Offence count 1 NFA (no further action)
Offence count 2 1 imprisonment 6 years
Offence count 3 1 imprisonment 6 years concurrent
Offence count 4 1 imprisonment 2 years concurrent
Offence count 5 1 imprisonment 2 years concurrent
Offence count 6 1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent
Offence count 7  1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent
Offence count 8 1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent
So does that mean i have 8 separate offences or do i have one offence, Offence 2 which was 6 years ?
Or should i get my Criminal record as i remember my prison paperwork only having one offence and when i went to D cat my probation officer said only one offence in your life wow i'm used to seeing a list ..
Confused..Removed

By AB2014 - 18 Sep 18 9:27 AM

east72 - 14 Sep 18 6:38 PM
Hi

Im still stumped understanding ACRO and what to disclose ..

I have got my ACRO through the post to see what i did get charged with etc 

What im struggling with is what i have to disclose as it was basically all the same thing just different years etc without going into too much it reads..

Offence count 1 NFA (no further action)
Offence count 2 1 imprisonment 6 years
Offence count 3 1 imprisonment 6 years concurrent
Offence count 4 1 imprisonment 2 years concurrent
Offence count 5 1 imprisonment 2 years concurrent
Offence count 6 1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent
Offence count 7  1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent
Offence count 8 1 imprisonment 1 year concurrent

So does that mean i have 8 separate offences or do i have one offence, Offence 2 which was 6 years ?

Or should i get my Criminal record as i remember my prison paperwork only having one offence and when i went to D cat my probation officer said only one offence in your life wow i'm used to seeing a list ..
Confused..

From what you've posted, your record would be treated as 7 convictions, as the NFA doesn't count. Many people assume that if you were in court once, you have only one conviction, but officially it goes by the number of charges on which you were convicted. In your case, you would have to disclose 7 convictions, and because of the 6-year sentences, none of these convictions will become spent. Sorry I couldn't give you better news. Sad