theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

E Passports

E Passports

Author
Mintaka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Would this be relevant to the conversation?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34988913

Who said life was going to be easy?

Well, who said life was going to be easy?

Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)

Yankee said...
I was told in advance by the police when i notified travel than the e-gates wouldn't work.

I've subsequently tried the e-Gates at Heathrow and Stansted. Neither would let me through and both times had to be directed to a desk for a manual passport inspection (no issues, 30 seconds to swipe and let me through)

This basically confirms that as soon as notification is given an alert will be sent out 100% of the time, doesn't matter what the offense was/how long/sentence received/etc...

Following the entire system - treat everyone the same - all a danger to everyone. Absolutely ludicrous.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)Supreme Being (23K reputation)

All of the information about this scheme is right there in front of you.

I do endless amounts of hours of research on this topic as it directly affects me, you'd be shocked to learn the extent the police will go to try and control.

It's all there on official Government websites. They will take the APIS that is gathered up by the airlines and it will be sent directly to the Home Office, this will then be checked against ViSOR and if there is no record of notification they'll arrest you for failure to comply.

Unless you left the shores in a dingy and landed on mainland Europe they will know you have left.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being

BenS said...
6 weeks ago (i.e. after the notification system was strengthened),

Explain?!
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being

Green Notice lasts for as long as the requesting country wants, up to 5 years.

SIS alert lasts for a year, unless it is extended by review.

Unless the authorities are notified, there will be no alert.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being

Actually you'd be picked up at your port of exit within the UK, you wouldn't even get out of the country.
Mirrorman
Mirrorman
Supreme Being

That information is picked up well before that and sent directly to the Home Office.

They'll then check that against any notification given - if there is nothing on the system you'd be arrested.
dicky6
dicky6
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)Supreme Being (2.6K reputation)

Before manchester changed to all scanned system, I used to go to the self scan lane knowing that it would come up with the red cross. However, because it di I was directed to the front of the queue thus not having wait! Method in my madness!
Yankee
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

I was told in advance by the police when i notified travel than the e-gates wouldn't work.

I've subsequently tried the e-Gates at Heathrow and Stansted. Neither would let me through and both times had to be directed to a desk for a manual passport inspection (no issues, 30 seconds to swipe and let me through)
BenS
BenS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)Supreme Being (80K reputation)

6 weeks ago (i.e. after the notification system was strengthened), I went from Dover to Calais and all cars were just waved through, by both UK and French border guards. Neither were interested in looking at passports or anything else.
GO