theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

if you're refused entry into a country because of a conviction...

if you're refused entry into a country because of a conviction...

Author
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last I heard US does not have access to UKs PNC/Criminal records, not unless you flagged up for some reason or someone ran a more detailed check.

Once US border control find your lie to them its a criminal offense as in enough to block you from US travel. Remember US is the worst place to travel to if you have criminal convictions in fact they class even being arrested as an criminal offense one wonders considering the place is one giant prison perhaps they don't want more criminals entering the place !

Check here these guys may know more detail:

https://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=22639&start=521#Post526

I think the subject of canada sharing records with us is mentioned also...

worth posting and asking still.
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Goodluck mirrorman and le us know if you did get through !

imo I think an actual prison sentence of more then 12 months is the lesser of 2 evils, but police arrest or cautions or warnings should not suggest a criminal offense, so I do like Australia stance on anyone with 12 months or more imprisonment however technically they should have none since its things like that which go against the human rights act (law) which clearly states one should have the right to work and put food on the table !
GO