theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Is this employment and is it covered by Criminal law?

Is this employment and is it covered by Criminal law?

Author
Fylde-boy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)Supreme Being (659 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not sure if this is the right section - if not, would the moderators please move it?

As a person with a unspent criminal record, I realise that I have to declare to prospective employers (if asked) details of my convictions and, if I don't, it would be a criminal offence - as I have a suspended sentence, that would automatically result in my imprisonment.

If I enter into a commercial contract to take on a franchise - is that covered by the same laws, or would a tick in the 'no' box be contractual and therefore civil law?

As I am under probations (reasonably supportive) wing at the mo - It would also be useful to know which section(s) apply to this.

Thanks

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fylde-boy - 16 Nov 16 10:49 AM
Not sure if this is the right section - if not, would the moderators please move it?

As a person with a unspent criminal record, I realise that I have to declare to prospective employers (if asked) details of my convictions and, if I don't, it would be a criminal offence - as I have a suspended sentence, that would automatically result in my imprisonment.

If I enter into a commercial contract to take on a franchise - is that covered by the same laws, or would a tick in the 'no' box be contractual and therefore civil law?

As I am under probations (reasonably supportive) wing at the mo - It would also be useful to know which section(s) apply to this.

Thanks

Hi Fylde-Boy

Many thanks for your post.

Disclosure of your criminal record when taking on a franchise would be covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore, if asked, you should disclose it.  I would imagine however, that anybody selling a franchise is probably more interested in your ability to pay for it rather than your criminal record (unless it's relevant to the activities of the business.)

Hope this helps.

Debs   

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
james gtr manchester
james gtr manchester
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Deb S - 21 Nov 16 8:55 AM
Fylde-boy - 16 Nov 16 10:49 AM

Thanks

Hi Fylde-Boy

Many thanks for your post.

Disclosure of your criminal record when taking on a franchise would be covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore, if asked, you should disclose it.  I would imagine however, that anybody selling a franchise is probably more interested in your ability to pay for it rather than your criminal record (unless it's relevant to the activities of the business.)

Hope this helps.

Debs   

Hi,

If you have issues and they quote regulations let me know i've experience batting back
pci dss
fca
data protection
Any issues let me know i've had "fun and games" with this
GO