theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Protect the HRA

Protect the HRA

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
CC - 26 May 17 3:23 PM
CC - 4 May 17 10:06 PM
I`m sure that this will be of interest to many for many reasons.    If its not OK then please accept my apologies admin and remove it.

https://www.change.org/p/urgently-protect-the-human-rights-act-it-helped-get-my-autistic-son-home?recruiter=393480669&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive
Excerpt from campaign update.
"19 MAY 2017 — Dear supporters,
Following publication of the Labour, Liberal Democrat and Conservative manifestos, it looks like our human rights are safe for now. 
Thank you to all of you who signed my petition calling on party leaders to make protecting the Human Rights Act and our membership of the European Convention on Human Rights a manifesto promise. This is an amazing victory for all of us."

Good news for now, lets hope they stick to it whoever gets in!

Now that the dust has settled after the election, and the government has signed up with the DUP, the signs are encouraging. Everyone has been emphasising that the Northern Ireland peace process involves the ECHR, then it's unlikely we'll be leaving it any time soon. I can't imagine the DUP would go along with that, and nor would any other party, so I see grounds for hope.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

CC - 4 May 17 10:06 PM
I`m sure that this will be of interest to many for many reasons.    If its not OK then please accept my apologies admin and remove it.

https://www.change.org/p/urgently-protect-the-human-rights-act-it-helped-get-my-autistic-son-home?recruiter=393480669&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive
Excerpt from campaign update.
"19 MAY 2017 — Dear supporters,
Following publication of the Labour, Liberal Democrat and Conservative manifestos, it looks like our human rights are safe for now. 
Thank you to all of you who signed my petition calling on party leaders to make protecting the Human Rights Act and our membership of the European Convention on Human Rights a manifesto promise. This is an amazing victory for all of us."

Good news for now, lets hope they stick to it whoever gets in!
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Edited
7 Years Ago by CC
GO