Welcome to the Unlock forum. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Wrongful disclosure of personal information

Wrongful disclosure of personal information

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Outsourced - 26 Jun 18 2:58 PM
The IPPC is independent of the police, they police the police. 

Complain away and hold them to account. Any information that should have a government security marking  i.e in this case OFFICIAL at minimum, must be held securely. The official failed in their professional duty. Thus the call to inform. 

The information commission is separate again and deals with GDPR or old school data protection. They fine the organisation, the IPCC sanctions the official. 

The IOPC is what used to be called the IPCC. Same stuff, different wrapper.
Outsourced
Outsourced
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)Supreme Being (312 reputation)

The IPPC is independent of the police, they police the police. 

Complain away and hold them to account. Any information that should have a government security marking  i.e in this case OFFICIAL at minimum, must be held securely. The official failed in their professional duty. Thus the call to inform. 

The information commission is separate again and deals with GDPR or old school data protection. They fine the organisation, the IPCC sanctions the official. 
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)

robisdave - 26 Jun 18 12:01 PM
I don't know if I'm in the correct place in doing this but would hope the members can shed some light on my issue and advise as to where I should go/what I should do please.

Friday last I was contacted by a Police Officer who told me that another officers workbook had been found by a member of the public and viewed by at least one other. In this workbook are not only my personal details but those of several other individuals. In relation to myself, as a convicted sex offender and required to sign the SOR and comply with various requirements, this matter compromises my safety, causing distress not only to myself; there is a quite obvious breach of data protection.

I do not want, at this stage to head towards the Police Complaints procedures until I have sourced relevant information regarding the issues here and hope the membership can come back to myself with their thoughts and advice.

What to do is explained on the IOPC website here. They also have a guide to the system here. Good luck with the police and the information!
robisdave
robisdave
Forum Member
Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)

I don't know if I'm in the correct place in doing this but would hope the members can shed some light on my issue and advise as to where I should go/what I should do please.

Friday last I was contacted by a Police Officer who told me that another officers workbook had been found by a member of the public and viewed by at least one other. In this workbook are not only my personal details but those of several other individuals. In relation to myself, as a convicted sex offender and required to sign the SOR and comply with various requirements, this matter compromises my safety, causing distress not only to myself; there is a quite obvious breach of data protection.

I do not want, at this stage to head towards the Police Complaints procedures until I have sourced relevant information regarding the issues here and hope the membership can come back to myself with their thoughts and advice.
GO