theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Supervision orders

Supervision orders

Author
StevenA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)Supreme Being (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I amam up prisoner who has been out for 4 years I’m trying to apply to get my probation supervision order suspended. But who do I apply to as my probation officer hasn’t got a clue, she says she doesn’t do it it’s up to me but when I research it it says she has to so we are going around in circles. Can anyone help me out.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)Supreme Being (160K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
StevenA - 31 Jul 18 9:55 AM
I amam up prisoner who has been out for 4 years I’m trying to apply to get my probation supervision order suspended. But who do I apply to as my probation officer hasn’t got a clue, she says she doesn’t do it it’s up to me but when I research it it says she has to so we are going around in circles. Can anyone help me out.

If you are trying to get your probation supervision suspended, I'm guessing you are a lifer. In that case, it is done by the Parole Board and the referral has to be made by your probation officer. It is covered by a Probation Instruction, PI 08/2015, which you can find here. The bit that interests you starts at Section 2.6, and Section 2.11 says what your probation officer needs to do. As a probation officer, she must have access to a copy, but you can always print it out and show her. As it's done by the Parole Board, you should be able to make representations.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO