theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

What can happen when you don't disclose

What can happen when you don't disclose

Author
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I've just found this online. It seems the family all applied for an ESTA and the father's was refused, even though he was never charged. I'm not sure how the Americans found out, and it seems they didn't just send them back on the next flight. I wonder how it all came to light.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

Monkos
Monkos
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)

AB2014 - 1 Oct 18 1:40 PM
I've just found this online. It seems the family all applied for an ESTA and the father's was refused, even though he was never charged. I'm not sure how the Americans found out, and it seems they didn't just send them back on the next flight. I wonder how it all came to light.

In theory there's no way they should know and when people have asked the government if they share data the government has said no, but at least one person on here has had an ESTA cancelled despite multiple trips to the US so it seems there is some sharing going on, perhaps through five eyes? I think Unlock should investigate.
Monkos
Monkos
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)Supreme Being (14K reputation)

Monkos - 2 Oct 18 11:20 AM

In theory there's no way they should know and when people have asked the government if they share data the government has said no, but at least one person on here has had an ESTA cancelled despite multiple trips to the US so it seems there is some sharing going on, perhaps through five eyes? I think Unlock should investigate.

I would add though, that in the case of that particular article, it smells of made up tabloid newspaper bollocks. The only way they would know if he had been arrested is if they asked him as customs and he said yes because he forgot that he already said no on his form.
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

Monkos - 2 Oct 18 11:39 AM
Monkos - 2 Oct 18 11:20 AM

I would add though, that in the case of that particular article, it smells of made up tabloid newspaper bollocks. The only way they would know if he had been arrested is if they asked him as customs and he said yes because he forgot that he already said no on his form.

I did wonder whether there was anything creative going on, but then it occurred to me that an arrest for money-laundering might be the sort of thing that the UK might share with the US and others in their brave struggle against international organised crime. I wonder what will happen to all these schoolkids who have been drawn into low-level money-laundering....

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

BenS
BenS
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)Supreme Being (79K reputation)

Interesting, and scary if 100% true.

You'd have to think one of them must have blurted something out or ticked/written something wrong. Hopefully either that or the tabloid misreported something. Maybe one of them had a conviction or got into some mischief last time they were in the US? And usually it's just back on the next flight, not in jail in an orange jump suit with murderers. That would sound like something more serious was going on.

Odd that they have apparently travelled to the US numerous times in the past with no problem. ESTA conditions under Trump haven't changed at all.
Neo Matrix
Neo Matrix
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)

if you can honestly answer NO to all questions put to you on the form - then do so and submit it.

Bare in mind if your offence is so serious that it requires you to attend a police station or if it is serious that after research you find that your offence will be shared to other agencies then its best to get a VISA from the embassy.

Always done this and never had an issue.

You must make sure you have enough funds to cover your stay in the states and that you give them a genuine valid reason for travel. They always ask whats your purpose for your trip where you will be staying etc.

Neo
GO