theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Basic Disclosure Certificate Query

Basic Disclosure Certificate Query

Author
AT
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have just had my Basic Disclosure certificate come through.

My query is

In 2011 or prior on the certificate it used to say

"Convictions/ Cautions / Other relevant Information"
Under each heading the dates etc. with Info as "NONE"

Now after all the information under one heading
Convictions

The applicant has no convictions for disclosure

Would that say for the person who has none at all too?

But screw your courage to the sticking place, And we'll not fail.
AT

But screw your courage to the sticking place, And well not fail.
AT
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Hi AT

Not sure that I've seen this before.

Is there any chance that you can either post or email a copy of the Certificate to me - advice@unlock.org.uk

Having seen it, I think I'll be in a better position to give you some advice or, if needs be, raise this as a query with Disclosure Scotland.

Many thanks

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
JohnL
JohnL
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)Supreme Being (20K reputation)

Hi AT.

I accepted a caution about 4 years ago and did a basic CRB check on myself about 12 months ago. I've just spent 30 mins trying to find it to no avail.

However, I'm 92% sure that when I got mine done it said 'None' rather than 'The applicant has no convictions for disclosure'. But looking on the DBS website it may well have been the latter? I'm going to get another basic DBS check done now to see what it says.

I've just been onto the DBS site here (https://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/disclosureinformation/) and it says that, for a basic check, all that should get disclosed is unspent convictions.

Maybe a question for Unlock here - Deb... any thoughts?

It does actually lead me onto another question - according to that same link both Standard and Enhanced checks should only shown unspent convictions, relevant spent convictions and UNSPENT cautions. Am I missing something here or does this mean that spent cautions are no longer shown on standard and enhanced DBS checks?
dannys
dannys
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)

Hi,

Could this be similar to

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/default.aspx?f=33&m=24291

regarding 'compensation orders'
GO