theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Police Disclosure

Police Disclosure

Author
RemorseA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Did you challenge this via the independent monitor ? Sounds like a case of unproven allegation
RemorseA
RemorseA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

4 months is long. I guess this is taking time because there is only one person doing the independent review
Chris Manning
Chris Manning
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)

I am a nurse, I received an allegation against me that I had an inappropriate relationship with a female patient and that I had overstepped my professional boundaries. I totally deny the allegations. I was interviewed by the police who found no evidence to either prosecute or even to inform my professional body. However when I applied for a DBS they included a statement that in the police opinion I shouldn't work unsupervised with adult females. I challenged this but the police refused to remove their comments. I am unable to work because of these comments. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.
Chris Manning
Chris Manning
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)Supreme Being (982 reputation)

I have started the challenge but it has taken 4 months so far. I am supported by my union but they don't want to push the police because they feel it would rebound on me. It is so frustrating that the police can make comments without evidence.
GO