theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Companies Who Employ Ex-Offenders

Companies Who Employ Ex-Offenders

Author
Peterf
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)Supreme Being (578 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
An interesting list, but I would dispute the inclusion of Virgin Group. I worked for what is now Virgin Media. They quickly dismissed me once I was convicted and told me to never darken their door again. Never mind that I had 21 years of unblemished service.
DekaRed
DekaRed
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)Supreme Being (1K reputation)

I knew about a few of these, as I was signed up to Prison Superstars, shortly before being released, this is with the EFFRR (Employers Forum For Reducing Reoffending) and they are connected with Pertemps agency. Thanks for the other information, it's sure to come in handy.
bahh
bahh
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)

What the corporate mothership says and what HR/Hiring decision makers do.......frequently different things. So much spin. I spent years in corporates (inc some central and local government).....never EVER again. So many people more sickening than many of the politicians. Many more honest people, and with integrity, I met in prison.

onwards and upwards
modelcitizen
modelcitizen
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)

Social Services.
Cutehs2
Cutehs2
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)

My experience is within the social care sector; the list below, are with the companies that i have successfully obtained employment with since my conviction. I've always written an accompanying statement explaining the circumstances behind the conviction, what i've learnt, what i've done since the conviction, goals for the future etc when submitting applications for employment.

Affinity Trust
Midland Heart
Sandwell Council
Dudley Council
Accord Housing
stchris.org.uk
Care UK
Voyage Care
JPS Housing
YMCA

Currently studying mental health nursing Smile
AW83
AW83
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)

aim said...
From another post Stig quoted M&S "The main issues are around unspent convictions. If a young person has an unspent conviction they will need to be willing to declare this. ... M&S Head office will decide whether the placement can
go ahead or not you will be notified of their response."

There is a move to prevent standard or enhanced checks being asked for illegally and also SARs. See this ico.org.uk/news/blog/2014/Key-battle-won-in-war-against-forced-subject-access-request

Nice find aim what they need to do is go after the big boys and make a few headlines that should hopefully put off the rest then nothing says dont do it like a six figure fine.
Anonymous
Anonymous

No p if there is a record kept by Timpsons etc of who they have given a chance to and if there are any offenders they would not employ sory for the confusion.

Power,Coruption,And,Lies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anonymous
Anonymous

Ok p will have a look at there website thanks for the help did you used to watch the wacky races lol.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I know timpsons have a policy of employing ex offenders but does this apply to all types of ex offenders?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi there Penelope lol who is mr p?I have been here for a while just as a guest it is an interesting forum but is there a breakdown somewhere of the ex offenders employed and there crimes?

GO