theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Will my caution be filtered?

Will my caution be filtered?

Author
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Unicorn 1

Your caution would be filtered so you've done the right thing by not disclosing it. It won't appear on your DBS Certificate.

Good luck with your new job

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Great news unicorn1.

Hopefully the challenge to the filtering system that Unlock are supporting will be successful and mean that more people will be able to put minor cautions and convictions behind them.

Wishing you all the best with the new job - I'm sure this will now turn out to be a great Christmas for you and your family.

Deb

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
RemorseA
RemorseA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

Good to know
RemorseA
RemorseA
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

unicorn1 said...
So it wouldn't show up even on an enhanced dbs? Thank god for that, I've been so worried!

Like Deb said unlikely to show up . Please give us an update when you get your DBS Smile
RemorseA
RemorseA
Supreme Being

I would believe so....maximum time for caution to become protected is 6 years . The only clause is if police reasonably think it is relevant and ought to be disclosed
unicorn1
unicorn1
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)

The new job is as a healthcare assistant. The caution was for taking £5 out of a till as I had no money and no way of getting home at 10pm when I finished work. I shouldn't have done it but I was desperate. I've worked in retail since and never repeated the crime, I really hope it doesn't go against me.
unicorn1
unicorn1
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)Supreme Being (1.9K reputation)

So it wouldn't show up even on an enhanced dbs? Thank god for that, I've been so worried!
unicorn1
unicorn1
Supreme Being

So I have had my DBS back and the good news is that it was filtered and didn't show up. At least I know I will never have to worry about that ever again, feels like a huge weight has been lifted.
unicorn1
unicorn1
Supreme Being

12 years ago when I was 16 I had a police caution for theft by employee.

I have now been given a job which requires an enhanced crb check. The application form asked for any unspent convictions to be disclosed so when they asked me again in the interview I said no I don't have any. But when I checked the form again it said to disclose ANY convictions I have ever had.

I'm worried now that when my dbs comes back it will show the caution and they will have to offer the job to somebody else. shocked
GO