theForum

A major triumph with appealing DBS decision and next stage

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic1064.aspx

By Cruicky - 9 Feb 14 8:07 PM

So after 2 years of banging my head against the wall and initially a crazy decision to bar me on the children's list - I appealed the process with new evidence and pointed out that error in law was found, argued my case strongly and had the decision overturned. A letter confirming I have a clear enhanced DBS, and no barring on either list is substantial and the fight to be confirmed as not a risk in any such way, has been a joy.

Now a question - my former employer still today after 2 years of dismissal, confirms inconsistent references to employers either by stating nothing, providing some info or providing I was dismissed and that I am a risk to young people - are they allowed to do this? I have no money to take them to court I just want to challenge if they are not allowed to give opinionated statements which is preventing me seeking work back in the sector I once worked.

Advice please.
By Yellowing - 18 May 17 8:47 AM

Cruicky - 9 Feb 14 8:07 PM
So after 2 years of banging my head against the wall and initially a crazy decision to bar me on the children's list - I appealed the process with new evidence and pointed out that error in law was found, argued my case strongly and had the decision overturned. A letter confirming I have a clear enhanced DBS, and no barring on either list is substantial and the fight to be confirmed as not a risk in any such way, has been a joy.

Now a question - my former employer still today after 2 years of dismissal, confirms inconsistent references to employers either by stating nothing, providing some info or providing I was dismissed and that I am a risk to young people - are they allowed to do this? I have no money to take them to court I just want to challenge if they are not allowed to give opinionated statements which is preventing me seeking work back in the sector I once worked.

Advice please.

What an amazing result! You are almost giving me hope again. I was given a caution during my last breakdown in 2014 and I have a lot of proof suggesting I was mentally unwell at the time but I have had closed doors wherever I have knocked and basically have been unable to work doing what I am qualified in and enjoy doing which is working with vulnerable people. Any advice on the route to take would be fab. Many thanks.