theForum

IN10 and travel...Please help!!!

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic11278.aspx

By walid19 - 6 Jan 17 6:51 PM

Hi guys !

I had postponed my UK trip last year. And finally I'm planning to go back in a few months.

I got my SAR report today from ACRO and it says "no record found"

I'm a good to declare no criminal conviction on my visa form? 

By paulbarker - 8 Jan 17 8:14 PM

walid19 - 6 Jan 17 6:51 PM
Hi guys !

I had postponed my UK trip last year. And finally I'm planning to go back in a few months.

Sounds like it was a non-recordable offence so that's why your ACRO is blank - seems like you'll be okay in not disclosing anything. 
By Deb S - 9 Jan 17 8:26 AM

paulbarker - 8 Jan 17 8:14 PM
Hi guys !

Sounds like it was a non-recordable offence so that's why your ACRO is blank - seems like you'll be okay in not disclosing anything. 

Hi Walid

Paul is right. Driving without insurance is a non-recordable offence which is why your SAR says 'no record found'.

There's no need to disclose anything on a visa form.

Good luck.

Debs 
By BenS - 10 Jan 17 8:09 AM

Yes :-)
By walid19 - 19 Nov 15 8:16 AM

Hi

I was hoping if anyone could shed some light.

Here's my situation:

I was a international student in the UK (foreign national). I was stopped by the police on the 2nd February for not having insurance while driving. But i actually did have an insurance on my international driving licence. But i was told that i wasn't allowed to drive on my licence after 12 months of arrival in the UK. Hence my insurance policy was deemed invalid.

I was fined and had my car towed. I opted to be heard by a court hence i signed this form and sent it by post.

But even after a couple of months i did not hear anything from the court nor there was anything from the police.

Mid-august 2012 i had to leave UK for good since i finished my course and my visa was due to expire.

Since then i have not been to the UK.

What implications might this have on my visa application to the UK? Also in terms applying for visa to other countries, how should i answer the criminal conviction question?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note : Please don't judge me. I was young and naive, i should have got the facts straight.

I simply cannot live with myself if i cannot travel to Britain anymore or would raise questions elsewhere.

thanks