theForum

Peer support

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic23262.aspx

By Deb S - 27 Oct 16 12:49 PM

Paula's written a great blog about her experiences of the support she received from one of her peers when she first arrived in prison.

It's been shown that becoming a peer supporter can have a positive effect on individuals, often enhancing their confidence and self-esteem. If you're interested in volunteering, have a look at Unlock's volunteering opportunities or, for other more general vacancies the Do-It website.

Anybody had any experience of particularly good (or bad) volunteering experiences?

Debs 
By JASB - 10 Mar 20 2:38 PM

Deb S - 27 Oct 16 12:49 PM
Paula's written a great blog about her experiences of the support she received from one of her peers when she first arrived in prison.

It's been shown that becoming a peer supporter can have a positive effect on individuals, often enhancing their confidence and self-esteem. If you're interested in volunteering, have a look at Unlock's volunteering opportunities or, for other more general vacancies the Do-It website.

Anybody had any experience of particularly good (or bad) volunteering experiences?

Debs 

Hi
Deb,
Just found this.
I am afraid I am yet to find any local area charity organisations that (a) does not require the conviction details to be written down first and not disclosed later at interview and (b) those I have telephoned say do not employ those who have committed a sex offence!

Sorry I can't be more positive for you.