theForum

Is this employment and is it covered by Criminal law?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic23297.aspx

By Fylde-boy - 16 Nov 16 10:49 AM

Not sure if this is the right section - if not, would the moderators please move it?

As a person with a unspent criminal record, I realise that I have to declare to prospective employers (if asked) details of my convictions and, if I don't, it would be a criminal offence - as I have a suspended sentence, that would automatically result in my imprisonment.

If I enter into a commercial contract to take on a franchise - is that covered by the same laws, or would a tick in the 'no' box be contractual and therefore civil law?

As I am under probations (reasonably supportive) wing at the mo - It would also be useful to know which section(s) apply to this.

Thanks

By james gtr manchester - 29 Nov 16 10:52 PM

Deb S - 21 Nov 16 8:55 AM
Fylde-boy - 16 Nov 16 10:49 AM
Not sure if this is the right section - if not, would the moderators please move it?

As a person with a unspent criminal record, I realise that I have to declare to prospective employers (if asked) details of my convictions and, if I don't, it would be a criminal offence - as I have a suspended sentence, that would automatically result in my imprisonment.

If I enter into a commercial contract to take on a franchise - is that covered by the same laws, or would a tick in the 'no' box be contractual and therefore civil law?

As I am under probations (reasonably supportive) wing at the mo - It would also be useful to know which section(s) apply to this.

Thanks

Hi Fylde-Boy

Many thanks for your post.

Disclosure of your criminal record when taking on a franchise would be covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore, if asked, you should disclose it.  I would imagine however, that anybody selling a franchise is probably more interested in your ability to pay for it rather than your criminal record (unless it's relevant to the activities of the business.)

Hope this helps.

Debs   

Hi,

If you have issues and they quote regulations let me know i've experience batting back
pci dss
fca
data protection
Any issues let me know i've had "fun and games" with this