theForum

Border Control : What do Immigration Officers See When Scanning A Passport?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic24657.aspx

By Harry53 - 8 Jul 17 11:49 AM

In April, (after happily being allowed to visit my boyfriend in the Philippines just 8 weeks earlier), I was refused entry. I was told that Interpol had released information about my conviction (Internet teen boys viewing), late February, so I got refused and sent home. That was the worst experience in my life btw.

So then I travelled to Turkey 2 weeks ago, and nothing happened. I would like to learn about what comes up on the screen when we give our passports over to the Border control officer, in ANY country. Why is it I can walk into Turkey (and I guess many other countries), but not others? I understand the asian countries concern about Sex Offender (which I am not and never have been), but how does this work?

How do I know I will be accepted into a country when travelling anywhere? I was nervous even entering Turkey; it is not a nice feeling.

By Monkos - 28 Aug 18 1:15 PM

Harry53 - 8 Jul 17 11:49 AM
In April, (after happily being allowed to visit my boyfriend in the Philippines just 8 weeks earlier), I was refused entry. I was told that Interpol had released information about my conviction (Internet teen boys viewing), late February, so I got refused and sent home. That was the worst experience in my life btw.

So then I travelled to Turkey 2 weeks ago, and nothing happened. I would like to learn about what comes up on the screen when we give our passports over to the Border control officer, in ANY country. Why is it I can walk into Turkey (and I guess many other countries), but not others? I understand the asian countries concern about Sex Offender (which I am not and never have been), but how does this work?

How do I know I will be accepted into a country when travelling anywhere? I was nervous even entering Turkey; it is not a nice feeling.

This sounds wrong, nothing should be disclosed to any country without you being told in advance.