theForum

Supervision orders

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic25330.aspx

By StevenA - 31 Jul 18 9:55 AM

I amam up prisoner who has been out for 4 years I’m trying to apply to get my probation supervision order suspended. But who do I apply to as my probation officer hasn’t got a clue, she says she doesn’t do it it’s up to me but when I research it it says she has to so we are going around in circles. Can anyone help me out.
By AB2014 - 31 Jul 18 12:24 PM

StevenA - 31 Jul 18 9:55 AM
I amam up prisoner who has been out for 4 years I’m trying to apply to get my probation supervision order suspended. But who do I apply to as my probation officer hasn’t got a clue, she says she doesn’t do it it’s up to me but when I research it it says she has to so we are going around in circles. Can anyone help me out.

If you are trying to get your probation supervision suspended, I'm guessing you are a lifer. In that case, it is done by the Parole Board and the referral has to be made by your probation officer. It is covered by a Probation Instruction, PI 08/2015, which you can find here. The bit that interests you starts at Section 2.6, and Section 2.11 says what your probation officer needs to do. As a probation officer, she must have access to a copy, but you can always print it out and show her. As it's done by the Parole Board, you should be able to make representations.