theForum

A definitive FAQ would be most welcome

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic25437.aspx

By Monkos - 28 Aug 18 1:28 PM

I'm looking here and on Unlock's site for answers to various questions, and only finding half answers and false assumptions on many things. It would be good to have solid, definitive answers, reviewed by experts and backed up by consistent confirmations of real life experiences, as it seems to be the blind leading the blind and ultimately a lot of bad advice being given out here. There are also very few users it seems, probably because of that.

The law is applied inconsistently by courts, lawyers and police, even though the very point of it is to be fair and equal. The difficulty in finding good quality information about different people's experiences allows such abuse to take place. It would be much better if one could go to your PPU for example and say "500 other people had their SOPOs discharged after 5 years this year so mine should be as well" instead of them each applying the rules however they see fit.

While the forum also is very hierarchically structured, that makes it harder for information to be in one place, and instead the good information is mixed up with the bad information.

P.S. sorry I should have put this in the feedback section but it helps make my point that it wasn't obvious to do so. Feel free to move it if that's possible for moderators.
By AB2014 - 18 Sep 18 1:32 PM

Harmless - 18 Sep 18 1:18 PM
AB2014 - 18 Sep 18 12:34 PM
Harmless - 18 Sep 18 12:13 PM
Monkos - 28 Aug 18 1:28 PM
I'm looking here and on Unlock's site for answers to various questions, and only finding half answers and false assumptions on many things. It would be good to have solid, definitive answers, reviewed by experts and backed up by consistent confirmations of real life experiences, as it seems to be the blind leading the blind and ultimately a lot of bad advice being given out here. There are also very few users it seems, probably because of that.

The law is applied inconsistently by courts, lawyers and police, even though the very point of it is to be fair and equal. The difficulty in finding good quality information about different people's experiences allows such abuse to take place. It would be much better if one could go to your PPU for example and say "500 other people had their SOPOs discharged after 5 years this year so mine should be as well" instead of them each applying the rules however they see fit.

While the forum also is very hierarchically structured, that makes it harder for information to be in one place, and instead the good information is mixed up with the bad information.

P.S. sorry I should have put this in the feedback section but it helps make my point that it wasn't obvious to do so. Feel free to move it if that's possible for moderators.

Someone should author a detailed and clear FAQ about travel, complete with sources, as this topic is very un-researchable and polluted with nebulous assumptions and guesswork.

Well, I suppose if someone wanted to do that, they could look through the travel forum to see which questions are asked most often, then refer to the Unlock information here, research it using official sources, then find a way to publish it, either via Unlock or through some other means. I wouldn't expect Unlock to have any objections.

On you go then :-)

I didn't suggest the FAQ in the first place, and I don't fall into the category of people who want to do it. You'll need to find someone else do it. Of course, if you want it to happen.... Wink