theForum

Do you have a conviction but play a musical instrument?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic25980.aspx

By Jonathan61 - 28 Mar 19 12:57 PM

Hi everyone. For over 10 years, having full knowledge of my conviction, I played in a local orchestra until I was bullied/forced out by one man. Until I left, I found performing music to be wonderfully therapeutic.

In an effort to help others, I am proposing to start a music group/orchestra.

I have a conductor who is interested in helping to get things going.

I am looking for strings, woodwind, brass, percussion mainly in the NW of England around the Liverpool Area or if you can travel there.

And not just people with convictions, if you know anyone who would be "sympathetic" to the cause.

Many thanks
By Jonathan61 - 25 Apr 19 7:38 AM

Mr W - 30 Mar 19 4:43 PM
Perhaps you can create a small website to get things going and point people towards that?
Then convictions or no convictions it is open for all to take part in.

I would but I'm more of a "Turn it up to 11" type of guitarist and not in the North West.
I have behind the scenes experience with an orchestra though so might be able to help in other ways.

Hi sorry it's taken a while to reply. Behind the scenes would be good too, we need all types of people. I'm going to be having a meeting with some interested parties in early May and I've also found a couple of trusts/foundations who have the potential to provide grants to charities working with ex-offenders. So there is potential. I have an initial idea of rehearsals for a full day on a Saturday once or twice a month in Liverpool City Centre with the possibilty of refunding rail fares of up to 90 mins travelling time. However, it's all ideas at present, but you have to start somewhere.