theForum

Travelling to Canada

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic26149.aspx

By WatFc - 2 Jul 19 10:23 AM

Hi all,

Apologies if this kind of topic isn't allowed here but I'm looking for some up to date advise for travelling to Canada with a UK police caution. My partner (who does not know about my caution) booked for us to go to Canada and also did our eTAs (ticking no to any arrest etc).

Has anyone had any recent experience with entering Canada with a caution? It's my understanding that the UK doesn't routinely share criminal records with other countries - only when a specific request is made.

Any advise would be appreciated, we're due to fly next month.

Thanks

By BenS - 27 Aug 19 10:35 AM

qwerty123 - 17 Aug 19 1:45 PM
That’s brilliant thanks for the update. Is the kiosk for all flights or just those coming from the US? What sort of questions do you have to answer? Sorry for the questions but your post has reassured me a lot now and I’m looking forward to my holiday in a couple of months time.

I flew directly to Canada from the UK and it was the same, kiosk apparently for all flights.

I flew Gatwick to Montreal. I was also notifying on the SOR at the time. I was economical with the truth when answering the question on the form about convictions, and had no problem. No human interaction at all except handing the kiosk receipt to an officer and getting waved through with no questions.