theForum

Will it show on DBS?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic26790.aspx

By coco98 - 28 Dec 19 8:23 AM

Hi guys further to my topic on getting my caution i need to know if it will show up on a DBS check. I work in the financial sector in a non management admin role. My simple spent caution for drunk and disorderly and assaulting a police officer while executing arrest is longer than six years old now.

I think that both of those are on the filtered list and I’m hoping that both will not now appear on a standard and enhanced check unless I’m applying for roles working with children or vulnerable people. The online form for agencies now poses the question for you have a criminal record?’ - you can answer: No, Yes - spent or Yes - unspent. I think I can now answer no to this? Is that correct?

My worry is I don’t disclose and it comes up or I do disclose when legally I don’t have to and I don’t get the job.

Thanks
By AB2014 - 7 Jan 20 9:03 AM

coco98 - 28 Dec 19 12:39 PM
I have applied for one but that’s what Into the police hold on you not what a dbs check would disclose isn’t it?

Cautions can be filtered after 6 years, and they are all treated individually, not like convictions. Drunk & disorderly and assaulting a police officer are both eligible for filtering, so they shouldn't be shown on a standard or enhanced DBS check any more.