theForum

Enhance DBS check for NFA

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic26995.aspx

By ChangeH - 29 Jan 20 8:51 AM

Hi 

I was given a NFA for terrorist membership and explosives. After a year on bail the police decided their was no evidence for it to go to trial. I want to get Involved in care for the elderly and worroes thos might show up on an enhance DBS check. Does anyone know if this will show up. I've got a 4-6 week wait and PREVENT is taking time to answer 
By AB2014 - 30 Jan 20 9:04 AM

Yankee - 29 Jan 20 9:21 AM
ChangeH - 29 Jan 20 8:51 AM
Hi 

I was given a NFA for terrorist membership and explosives. After a year on bail the police decided their was no evidence for it to go to trial. I want to get Involved in care for the elderly and worroes thos might show up on an enhance DBS check. Does anyone know if this will show up. I've got a 4-6 week wait and PREVENT is taking time to answer 

This probably falls into the category of 'other local information that the Police may want to declare' on an enhanced check if they deem it appropriate and proportionate.

I don't know how you would check that other than to apply for a job and have the enhanced check completed.

The other route is a subject access request to establish exactly what information the Police hold on you (it doesn't confirm whether they would disclose it if they have logged the information, but at least if its not logged you should be good to go).

The link here gives more information on how to apply (and ensure you ask for information from the local police force not just the PNC)

Unlock SAR information

It depends on the police's view on your case. If they genuinely feel you weren't doing anything wrong, they won't disclose. However, if they were sure you were guilty but they just couldn't prove it, they probably will disclose it. They can even disclose an acquittal, so it really does come down to their attitude towards you.