theForum

Polygraph Interview also SOR Requirements

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic27053.aspx

By Theunknown - 5 Feb 20 10:51 AM

If you are on SOR, as noted from the NARO website, one of the following requirements is:
“If you are living with a child or staying in a household where a child lives for at least 12 hours each day”
However on the Unlock website says that a person on Sex Offender should inform the police if he has stayed in a household for more than 12 hours where a child u/18 lives.
Which one is correct?
Also the PPU has never informed me about this requirement? I was put on SOR in 1999.

Polygraph Interview.  My application for SOR discharge was rejected by the PPU HQ giving false reasons. When I pointed out this to them, the PPU HQ invalidated their decision admitting the mistakes and have decided to reconsider, No apologies, but has made it more difficult for me by INVITING me to attend a polygraph interview. Note: Polygraph tests, being very unreliable,(a report from Wikipedia) are not admissible in the UK Criminal Courts. But can carry some weight in a civil court setting in a criminal court, which could apply in my case. 
I feel very nervous about it and suffer many medical conditions which can affect the test. I have informed the PPQ HQ about these conditions. A week has gone, still, I have not received a reply, Shall I go ahead with the test, bearing in mind I am not required to take the polygraph interview. 
A reply to the above two questions will be highly appreciated.

By jcdmcr - 4 Jul 20 5:03 PM

Theunknown - 5 Feb 20 10:51 AM
If you are on SOR, as noted from the NARO website, one of the following requirements is:
“If you are living with a child or staying in a household where a child lives for at least 12 hours each day”
However on the Unlock website says that a person on Sex Offender should inform the police if he has stayed in a household for more than 12 hours where a child u/18 lives.
Which one is correct?
Also the PPU has never informed me about this requirement? I was put on SOR in 1999.

Polygraph Interview.  My application for SOR discharge was rejected by the PPU HQ giving false reasons. When I pointed out this to them, the PPU HQ invalidated their decision admitting the mistakes and have decided to reconsider, No apologies, but has made it more difficult for me by INVITING me to attend a polygraph interview. Note: Polygraph tests, being very unreliable,(a report from Wikipedia) are not admissible in the UK Criminal Courts. But can carry some weight in a civil court setting in a criminal court, which could apply in my case. 
I feel very nervous about it and suffer many medical conditions which can affect the test. I have informed the PPQ HQ about these conditions. A week has gone, still, I have not received a reply, Shall I go ahead with the test, bearing in mind I am not required to take the polygraph interview. 
A reply to the above two questions will be highly appreciated.

I worked with americans who had to have polygraph for their clearance (TOP SECRET POLYGRAPH), its an aid not a definitive. I'm told plenty of caffeine / sugar screws the reading...