theForum

Get out of lockdown free pass (To see probation officer)

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic27498.aspx

By alexh07 - 3 Apr 20 4:47 PM

Anyone else getting probation appointments just now? I've got one next week which was made today so will be good to get out (although I could potentially spread the virus and kill some people down the line I suppose it's more important that my supervisor talks to me about how I annoyed people on the internet in 2016)
By alexh07 - 30 Oct 20 4:24 AM

My sentence now comes to an end (apart from the record which will affect me for years to come).

Unpaid work - Thoroughly enjoyed getting out to different places, doing practical work and meeting new people.

Supervision element (while in Scotland) - Nice to have a reasonable chat with someone about the offence although sometimes turned demeaning when incorrect things were assumed about it. Quickly went down to monthly appointments and this was ideal. The travel there was quite impractical (usually 20 miles away).

Probation element (while in England) - The main OM I had was much more antagonising than my previous criminal justice social worker with messing me about with appointments and then putting the blame on me etc. They didn't seem to bother to learn anything about the offence, so it was basically a tiresome case of checking in and sometimes touching on the offence but again, making assumptions which were wrong. These were usually weekly phonecalls with some f2f appointments and I found it really tiresome having weekly contact after being used to monthly. I had chats with a couple of other OMs and these seemed more reasonable people than my main one.