theForum

Travel to South Korea

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic27772.aspx

By JoeR - 8 Jun 20 8:53 PM

Hey,
Was wondering if anyone on a SOR has been to South Korea and if so were you allowed in and did you face any issues. i cant find any information and my PPU has not been helpful. I'm weary as I know S. Korea post their SOR online for all to access to I'm hesistant. I would love to visit but having been previously refused entry to the Phillipines I would not like to repeat that.Would love to hear if anyone has had any luck.
By JASB - 29 Sep 20 2:50 PM

AB2014 - 28 Sep 20 12:40 PM
JASB - 26 Sep 20 11:09 AM
punter99 - 26 Sep 20 10:54 AM
Monkos - 25 Sep 20 3:46 PM
JASB - 23 Sep 20 5:00 PM
Monkos - 21 Sep 20 5:46 PM
JASB - 21 Sep 20 11:15 AM
Monkos - 19 Sep 20 9:50 PM
JoeR - 8 Jun 20 8:53 PM
Hey,
Was wondering if anyone on a SOR has been to South Korea and if so were you allowed in and did you face any issues. i cant find any information and my PPU has not been helpful. I'm weary as I know S. Korea post their SOR online for all to access to I'm hesistant. I would love to visit but having been previously refused entry to the Phillipines I would not like to repeat that.Would love to hear if anyone has had any luck.

You shouldn't have any problem with south korea or with philippines. Did you self declare for philippines?

Hi

I would not think any PPU would agree to any ex SO going to the Philippines due to the unfair reputation the country and other countries in the area have.

Well then you'd be completely uninformed.

Hi
Why would you say I was uninformed?
Prior to my offence (and whilst on bail) I have travelled to SE Asia extensively to see family and backpacking. 
After my UK offence and they found I had travelled that area, false statements and unsupported accusations were made to add pressure on me. 

Back to the point, Unfortunately the whole of the SE Asia area is seen by the PPU as no go area for us. I have been questioned numerous times on the subject and informed they would not approve any trip to visit my extended family.

So what is the basis of your comment please ask I always see learning new information.

It must just be you then because I don't know anyone else had such a problem.

Hi Monkos,

"It must just be you then because I don't know anyone else had such a problem."

This seems like a rather generalist statement. It raises a few obvious questions, like exactly how many people do you know, who were on the SOR and who travelled to that country, without any problems, such as the PPU refusing a travel request? The fact that you don't know of anyone else, doesn't mean that such people do not exist, although that seems to be what you are implying, in your statement? 

I've been told many different things, by many different people. A few weeks ago, my PPU told me that people on the SOR have problems getting into Spain. Yet, I know of one other person on the SOR, who travelled to Spain before the lockdown, and had no issues. So, people are free to talk about their own personal experiences of foreign travel and to express an opinion about what might happen, but when it comes to generalising about ALL people on the SOR, you need to provide some evidence.

Hi

Thank you for your support as we seem to have read and replied at the same moment in time. scary.....

Technically 13 minutes apart, so hopefully no readers have triskaidekaphobia. Anyway, there are other threads on here about people being turned back from countries in SE Asia. The Spain thing might just relate to being questioned by Spanish border control rather than being turned away, as UK citizens (technically subjects, but you know what I mean) still have freedom of movement until the end of the year (Central European Time).

Hi

I am a slow typer so it took that long from reading monkos post to sending mine... SmileSmile