theForum

Eurostar / French border control

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic27958.aspx

By Eurostar - 29 Jun 20 8:24 AM

I am on the SOR, no other restrictions, havent travelled abroad in quite sometime and having read on here i am a little worried about using the passport control @ St pancras
I know something will be flagged up and i am travelling with someone but i can easily get in another queue so anything wont be seen, i believe they have automatic gates but i assume they wont work for me?
My real concern is getting turned away !and not being able to go as feels a bit different to having flown and still effectively in this country
has anyone had issues like this, i can cope with the discreet questions ,its just being able to get through
any recent experiences please?
By iowian - 20 Dec 22 5:18 PM

tedstriker - 29 Jun 20 10:22 AM
I am no longer on the SOR so don't have any issues but used Eurostar extensively when I was.

I never had any questions at St Pancras on the way out. The French border control didn't seem very interested.

On the way back I did have an issue at Brussels where I was lead away with my wife into a holding room where I was asked some questions and the border guard took our passports to be photocopied. It was deeply unpleasant and would obviously be very hard to explain away but he did not reveal any details about why we were stopped. This occurred not long after the new SIS system came into play with exit checks so it could have just been them getting used to the new system.

It must be such a relief to travel without notification. I'm building up my severely dented confidence. Have you ventured beyond Europe?