theForum

When to disclose/ shoudl I / Should i not and wait to see if will register on ARCO or DBS

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic28280.aspx

By arunH - 27 Jul 20 2:47 PM

I am pending sentence for a drink and drive offense currently , was low limit so likely 12 month ban and sentence. I never read my initial contract and once i was charged read and it says during my employement its my duty to disclose offences . I am now confused whethere i need to or not for this offence and also when ? should i wait for court hearing ? or wait after sentence to see if it reflects on my records ? i am in a maangerial position and driving is not essential to my job and it wasnt a company car . I believe honesty is the best policy ( i have clean criminal record and no black mark within the company) genuinely i dont know , if i dont disclose its likely they wont find out as i am moving fully out of UK to a different role in another country within same organization (or) is it best to declare and face th consequences , how likely are they to fire me for this type of offence?
By JASB - 11 Aug 20 1:19 PM

arunH - 10 Aug 20 3:38 PM
Tks will do not planning to hide Have a clean record I have no alcohol addiction

Hi

I haven't drank alcohol since the late 1980's due to my running career, but that didn't stop both PO and Police and PPU stating I was now a non-drinker due to alcohol problems I had with drink earlier in my life. They took my statement that I found it hard to train the day after having a drink, my body disliked alcohol even in the smallest quantities.

Remember you can stretch the truth to fit your point because
There is no actual truth as truth is only an individual's perception