theForum

Another job offer - civil service - but will it go alright?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic31600.aspx

By Mark15788 - 3 Aug 21 10:12 AM

So I have been successful at my interview for a role in the civil service with HMRC in one of their contact centres.

I know from experience that been successful doesn’t automatically mean a job offer because you could end up on the reserve list.

I was scored in three areas and I received -

6 out of 7
5 out of 7 and
4 out of 7, so a total of 15/21.

They were recruiting for 100 vacancies so fingers crossed I am offered one and not on the reserve list.

However, I’ll have to see what they say when they do my DBS check, whether they will risk assess and see no risks or whether they will come up with some.
By Mark15788 - 31 Aug 21 8:56 AM

Simon - thanks.
I think I understood where his confusion came from. He was thinking because they take on apprentices too aged 16 or above, that it automatically meant it was regulated activity for an adult to work with anyone under 18. I pointed out that, yes 16/17 would be classed as a child, but it still doesn’t relate to any of the activities listed under regulated activity with a child. It’s no different to say a 20yo adult working in Tesco where a 16yo child could work too but they wouldn’t get barred lists checks done. Am I right in my explanation?