theForum

I was wrongfully arrested and had my items seized- What now?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic31999.aspx

By Chesire - 16 Dec 21 7:51 AM

So to put a long story short, this year 2021 in April on 23rd I was wrongfully arrested by a group of officers on 'suspicion of indecent exposure', they did this on the grounds of me apparently looking like the efit when in fact I look nothing like the efit at all as my visual appearance and the descriptions witnesses gave don't match. The guy they're looking for has short hair in a curtains hairstyle and is skinny 5'6
in their 20s, 30s that wears a black tracksuit and nike 720 trainers. Here's a picture of the efit. I was at home more than likely when all of these alleged offences occurred during February or March I think, even had CCTV footage to cover one of the days as an alibi. 

Now here's a picture of me, they're basically saying I look like the efit, I've had my long hair for about a year now and it's gotten longer too. I did take part in a digital video VIPER ID parade but again no results have been given to me. My entire interview was a 'No comment interview', police even eavesdropped on conversations I was having with my solicitor which they shouldn't of been doing.

When I was arrested, I had my clothes, laptop and mobile phone taken for evidence. At the time of me writing this, we're now in December and well, I last contacted my solicitor for an update but they keep giving me the same BS response telling me to wait to be contacted when all I did was ask for updates, I get told, 'wait to be notified' what a load of bollocks. What the hell are police even doing? Scratching their arse and eating donuts and bacon? Has the devices already been examined? Or are they locked away in an evidence locker waiting to be examined? If devices were examined then why has no update been given? Will CPS be notified regarding my fate? If devices were examined, would they be looking through everything since the beginning of time or would they only look for couple things around the time of the alleged offences happen to build a case against me and to find a trend of alleged behaviours to use in-court? I've been bailed after my arrest, then the bail was extended, then on 23rd July I was released under investigation and so I am awaiting the outcome. Am I sort of worried about being charged even though I wasn't there and my parents can confirm I wasn't there at the time of when this stuff allegedly happened in the town I live in as I don't go out anywhere.

I'm hoping I will be cleared of all this and hoping and praying I get my stuff back. I want to sue police for unlawful arrest. If they don't return my things, what can I do?

By JASB - 8 Apr 24 1:59 PM

Chesire - 6 Apr 24 5:36 PM
Hello, here is a quick update for those of you whom have been wondering about me and where I've been

It's been awhile since I made my last post, basically what happened was when I first made my complaint the person in charge of handling complaints missed out important details that required a review, I only got an apology for not being fed while in custody when I asked for food. My complaint review made no difference as it was merely a futile effort, it's simply police investigating themselves so of course they're going to be biased to some degree.

I got no apology for the wrongful arrest and my mistaken identity and how it was handled overall. I took therapy for awhile then I caught covid in June and on the last day of counselling I couldn't go in because I had covid-19 during 2022 during June and then I got discharged from having anymore counselling sessions so if I want to get them again then I'll have to reapply and just go to my GP about it. I haven't really bothered because to be honest I'm lazy.

Of course I still have thoughts and occasional bad flashbacks about what had happened as it was a really shocking and traumatic experience for me, but my feelings and current emotional state about that incident that occured isn't currently as bad as it was back then since back then all those years ago there was alot of uncertainty. It surprises me that my first thread post on this forum is 3 years old. I still take medication for my depression and anxiety and that's pretty much about it. I will say overall it's made me change my overall perspective on the police, I no longer trust them, I don't view them as heroes or people that make positive contributions to society, I view them as power hungry, corrupt and just fake.

Whenever I see any kind of policeman walk in my town, I deliberately turn away in disgust and walk off in the opposite direction to avoid making any conversation or eye-contact with them, whenever I see social media posts that they post making themselves look good with the whole hashtag 'you said we did' BS posts, it not only makes me cringe but I don't really see them as doing a good thing for the community, I see through their façade and to be honest it's sad that more time is spent by them on social media making themselves look good and waving a rainbow coloured flag, fitting into the Liberal woke agenda and ideals and not focusing on properly doing their jobs by catching criminals, atleast the right ones. I know, it's a very controversial hot take, some people might not agree with me. The Government needs better funding for public services and to employ people who aren't tyrannical power hungry egotistical corrupt psychopaths. I blame the Tory government and those who support their antics and poor methods.

That solicitor I had doesn't work as one anymore and apparently now works for the Crown prosecution service, so impossible to get a hold of that even the police couldn't get a hold of them when the complaint review was happening at the time.

I still have the option to contact a random solicitor that specializes in sueing police for wrongful arrest or to contact Citizens advice
I just haven't really bothered ever since I made my last post, been side-tracked with other things.

Hi
Obviously I am sorry for the manner in which it has been handled but, can I stress that it will not be beneficial to you to blame everyone. Example your laying the blame on the tories, I have a feeling that may come from a political standpoint but I hope not. Just remember no matter the party that is in government they do not have any hands on dealing with the day to day running. Sorry but I say this to try and remove "not relevant thoughts causing you so much stress".

Try to focus on the facts; i.e. that what is supported by evidence and believe me you saying something happened with nothing to support it will not prove your case.

Also do look at your own wellbeing, it is just possible that putting this to one side and working on how to improve your health may improve your life and that must come first, otherwise your decline could be faster than your recovery and that would not be the ideal result.

Be strong and positive please.