theForum

Business Bank Account Closures - Twice - Help!!

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32071.aspx

By Inside Out - 30 Dec 21 10:15 PM

I have a spent conviction for a financial crime.  The conviction was in March 2015 and became spent in March 2020

My bank of 25 years closed my current account when I was convicted, but I was fortunate enough to get a current account with Barclays - who I have been with for the past 6 years without incident.  I have even been elevated to "Premier Account" since 2017!

In 2018 I set up a small company for my business which has done ok - nothing stellar but enough to make a living,  The new company came with a Business Bank Account with Tide - which operated fine.  But in early 2019 the bank decided to close the account - no reason given.  I moved to Revolut which has been fine - until today - when they said they were closing my account - again, no reason given.

I am now really worried - it is clear that I am blacklisted (CIFAS?) and have no idea where to turn.  I am scared to go to Barclays to ask for a business account as it might trigger them to think again about providing a current account - and without a current account I am truly stuffed

Any advice or thoughts greatly received - really getting quite desperate!

Paul
By marcovanba - 27 Jan 22 6:45 PM

my fraud conviction became spent in jan 2021 and i was able to get a starling business account

i wrote to cifas and national hunter to see if they have any info on me and it came back clear