theForum

Can we travel to Singapore with a criminal record?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32104.aspx

By Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 11:18 AM

I also want to visit friends in Singapore and maybe link the visit to a trip to Vietnam. makes sense. So as a British citizen on a 10 year SOR can i just fill in the e-visa and enter? here is what i found :

If you are a British citizen traveling to Singapore, you must obtain the Singapore Electronic Arrival Card, also known as the SG Arrival Card, to gain permission to enter the country.The Singapore Arrival Card is designed to expedite the arrival process of British travelers by avoiding time-consuming queues when they arrive in Singapore.To successfully receive a Singapore Electronic Arrival Card you must follow the Singapore SG Arrival Card requirements for British citizens.

Do UK citizens need a visa to enter Singapore?

British citizens traveling to Singapore for a stay longer than 30 days will require a visa in addition to their SG Arrival Card.If that is the case, it is recommended that they contact the Singaporean embassy in London.Nationals of the United Kingdom must note the SG Arrival Card in no way replaces the need of a visa.

I did not see any questions regarding criminal convictions. 

If you know different please comment.
By JASB - 8 Jan 22 2:03 PM

Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 11:18 AM
I also want to visit friends in Singapore and maybe link the visit to a trip to Vietnam. makes sense. So as a British citizen on a 10 year SOR can i just fill in the e-visa and enter? here is what i found :

If you are a British citizen traveling to Singapore, you must obtain the Singapore Electronic Arrival Card, also known as the SG Arrival Card, to gain permission to enter the country.The Singapore Arrival Card is designed to expedite the arrival process of British travelers by avoiding time-consuming queues when they arrive in Singapore.To successfully receive a Singapore Electronic Arrival Card you must follow the Singapore SG Arrival Card requirements for British citizens.

Do UK citizens need a visa to enter Singapore?

British citizens traveling to Singapore for a stay longer than 30 days will require a visa in addition to their SG Arrival Card.If that is the case, it is recommended that they contact the Singaporean embassy in London.Nationals of the United Kingdom must note the SG Arrival Card in no way replaces the need of a visa.

I did not see any questions regarding criminal convictions. 

If you know different please comment.

Hi
As I mentioned in another topic as SE Asia is regarded as a high risk area, I would be surprised if your PPU would agree. 

Also I am afraid Vietnam  will not allow you to enter because of your conviction if they are notified of it.

I went (11 years ago) whilst I was on bail and got my visa in Thailand, as I thought that would be easier. I crossed by coach and on the border I was nearly rejected as the border authorities stated the Embassy stamp was illegal?? I only say this as to make you aware  that throughout your journey you will hit unexpected investigations into your documents.

Good luck and both countries are very beautiful and well worth the journey if you make it.

PS just for info I travelled through every country of SE Asia by train and coach in one big loop, see Seat 61  makes it a better journey that just flying