theForum

Can I revisit the Philippines in the future after being denied entry 4 years ago ?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32105.aspx

By Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 11:30 AM

I was just in my first year of my 10 SOR when i visited the Philippines to see my friend and family, which was great. A big birthday was planned 2 months later so I decided to go back to attend. Many arrangements were made for me by the family and I went to Manila.........only to get the shock of my life and was denied entry. I have posted on here before about this experience, and i do not wish it on anyone. I broke down in tears (yes men in their 60's do !!) and was put back on the plane to the UK. 

So as well as trying to explain to friends and family why I came back early, I do not want to repeat this experience. 

So what now? I am sponsoring a friend in Bohol (the island hit by the typhoon on 17th December 21) and am desperate to go there to help him rebuild the house we built together (my money, his design and his project management). Obviously with covid it is impossible anyway, but what for the future? My PPU officer knows how clean and honest i am and no Green notice should be issued for any of my trips, but what of the Philippines Immigration? Will they have me on their records and refuse me a second time?

Anyone with experience of this?
By punter99 - 26 Jan 23 10:32 AM

Richie - 26 Jan 23 12:02 AM
Harry53 - 24 Jan 23 12:59 PM
iowian - 19 Jan 23 8:52 AM
Harry53 - 18 Jan 23 6:24 PM
I saw on an earlier thread similar to this one, that when entering a country our passports (SOR) flag says no details, but does indicate an offence and possibly a SO has been done . I did not know that a flag actually told any details about the person, so to read that it would tell immigration you could have a SO is alarming.

Is this true? When I got refused on my 2nd visit to the Philippines (in  2months) a few years back, I blamed a Green Notice being issued, but I had no confirmation that this was done. having entered to visit friends on the 1st visit, I did get rather a shock, which was distressing. (Understatement!!)

Also is it a legal requirement for us to be informed if a Green Notice has been issued? I don't think that will happen to me, but just curious.

Hi Harry
Before getting into the rabbit warren around green notices and SO travel. Were you not given a reason for the refusal to enter and were you even allowed to visit twice within a two month period in any case, regardless of your SO status?

Hi there. The Philippines immigration gave me no information why I was refused entry; the police said nothing, so do only So get a mark on my passport, and without revealing details, the country's immigration know it is possibly that ? I have always been honest and open with the CPO but this refusal happened with my first CPO who did not really get to know me. Did he issue a Green Notice >? Who knows

From a previous PPU my understanding was that passports are marked but all this means is use you can't your passport at a UK E-Gate and you must go through a manned station. It also gives an electronic message back to your police offender manager to say you have entered the country and they then check to make sure you have registered the trip with the police.

When I asked her if I did travel abroad and was I likely to be stopped she just replied that people get stopped all the time...tried to push her but got nothing further! 

Obviously if a Green Notice has been issued then this will likely flag up when you arrive abroad and this could lead to problems. 

If the actual passport was marked, it would mean there was something in the biometric chip, which could be detected by every immigration computer system, in every country. Since no SO is required to hand their passport in to the police, to have the chip amended, when they are put on the SOR, then how do the authorities put that marker on your passport?

The answer is that they don't. They put a marker on the UK immigration computer system only, against your passport number, which is why it triggers the E-gate. When we were in the EU, they also used to put a marker on the Schengen computer system as well, but they no longer do this. The only way that they could put a marker on any other countries computer system, is by issuing an Interpol notice. 

So far as I am aware, the only country which does put a marker on the passport itself, is the USA.