theForum

Predator hunter groups

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32212.aspx

By dedalus - 3 Feb 22 6:17 PM

Hello,
By accident I have stumbled across the videos of a particular 'predator' hunter group based in Leeds. The leader is certainly a 'colorful' character.....

What is the view on here regarding these groups? do they serve a purpose or are they glorified vigilantes who actually hinder police operations?
I am in two minds about this, on the one hand I don't agree with how they humiliate their suspects however on the other hand they have helped uncover nasty cases of child abuse, for example that of an Irish TV producer who was then found to have abused several children in the Far East.
I know this topic may be a little sensitive for some forum members but I just wanted to see what people thought about these groups. 

Regards,
By AB2014 - 31 May 22 2:47 PM

Dean91 - 30 May 22 7:29 PM
AB2014 - 30 May 22 12:08 PM
Dean91 - 29 May 22 4:18 PM
AB2014 - 27 May 22 1:28 PM

Well, if they are suspected of not being decent, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens, if the authorities were to find out by some means....

Im very suspicious and if I am honest, the likelihood would be they "turn a blind eye" 

I don't doubt that a decision-maker somewhere would decide it's not in the public interest, although HMRC are interested in collecting every penny due from anyone who isn't wealthy enough to afford an accountant.

And if you are very wealthy you get back door deals with the Chancellor!!! 

If you are very wealthy, you can be the Chancellor....