theForum

Travelling to UAE

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32241.aspx

By water97 - 9 Feb 22 7:09 PM

Hey everyone,

I am currently planning on travelling to Dubai in April for a 5 day holiday, however I wanted to check if my previous conviction would restrict me from entering the country. I was charged in 2016, as a youth, for some indecent images and was sentenced to a 1 year youth offending programme. My conviction was quashed early by 2 months, and I am not on any register and my conviction has been spent for nearly 5 years now. From what I can tell from the UAE entry requirements, as a UK citizen, they would simply stamp my passport without asking anything - does anyone have any experience with this? Any feedback is welcome Smile
By scotboy - 10 Feb 22 9:55 PM

water97 - 9 Feb 22 10:00 PM
Hola - 9 Feb 22 9:40 PM
water97 - 9 Feb 22 7:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I am currently planning on travelling to Dubai in April for a 5 day holiday, however I wanted to check if my previous conviction would restrict me from entering the country. I was charged in 2016, as a youth, for some indecent images and was sentenced to a 1 year youth offending programme. My conviction was quashed early by 2 months, and I am not on any register and my conviction has been spent for nearly 5 years now. From what I can tell from the UAE entry requirements, as a UK citizen, they would simply stamp my passport without asking anything - does anyone have any experience with this? Any feedback is welcome Smile

I was on the register for 3 yrs until 2015 and went to Dubai in Nov LY, no visa questions needed any 'lying' or avoiding answering so I would say you'll be fine

Thanks for getting back to me! I checked the FCO advice, contacted the UAE embassy in London and the Dubai immigration office as well, but nobody could give me a clear answer! Hopefully it should be okay... thank you once again Smile

You will have no problem getting into Dubai...don't complicate things by getting in touch with any embassies, there is no need to inform them of what happened in the past, the UK does not share information with the UAE.