theForum

Post your success story's finding work with an SO

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32768.aspx

By Jamie7718 - 11 Jul 22 10:54 AM

So I thought I would start a post where everyone in a similar position to me can post any ideas of what has worked for them and what didn't work.This can range from training to self employment to employed work. I will list everything I have managed to do with an SO. I still have 2.5 years before mine is unspent. I can't sit here till then. 

Clean Sheet -  Just started with this company. They call me up every 2 weeks to ask how the job search is going. They have an employment portal with vaccines. Most are out of my area or don't accept SO applications.
Nacro -  They actually got me a job once. I had a guy calling me every 3 days checking up on me. Applying for me. Really super proactive. That was over two years ago. I tried to get in contact with them again but all they do is send me generic links I should check out. 
OffPloy -  The job centre tried to get me on their books. But I was basically ignored. Tried 3 times. All they said. They were waiting for funding. 

Self employment; I would really love any extra ideas that people could suggest. I wish I knew someone personally who had started an ebay business who I could learn off. The whole process seems daunting. But if I could sit here all day taking pictures of items and listing them. It would be ideal. 

Education/Training. 
Go train. Managed to do a course with them. Never actually got a certificate, got told the whole class failed. Because the teacher taught us all wrong?? I didn't really care at the time. Just glad to be out the house
ACL - Managed to do a maths and forklift course with them. 

So yeah as the title states. Lets start a post and try to help each other though this difficult time in our lives. 

Agnecy's -  I have gone down to sign up for them in the past. Taking all my I.D etc. Then just get ignored. 
By JASB - 13 Nov 22 3:19 PM

Hi
Many will of read my previous words and may remember my situation.
If all goes to plan I will apply to the Courts at the end of the month for my last 3 SOPO conditions to be removed. It has been a long journey; mainly utilising the self-belief I try to maintain.
I have discovered many things I was not aware of, confirmed my suspicions on certain elements but, enabled to show "the system" that though I challenge it is not out of anger and self pity, it is by using their tools; the SO Act and procedures, and so confidently and calmly and always replying courteously with the facts. 
If you provide the facts they cannot simply say no, they have to give a qualified reason or you simply ask again

If they disagree because of their interpretation on words, you gain the supportive evidence that confirms your words. Be that the police Policy College, the Home Office Sex Offender management Team or quite simply slow reading of the SO Act and the Guideline documents. Remember the Act may say one thing but if it refers to another document follow the links and you may find that you are correct.
Society may take things at face value but you don't have to

One point I raised with my ex solicitors and they supported the Force Solicitor. However my PPU read ALL the references I presented and they support my case. It is only because I have that support in writing I am proceeding with my application.     

Remember, your presentation is you, therefore even if it fails it could present a view of you the "system" has never seen before and therefore improve their view of you. 

I am not using a solicitor; but if you have their documents from previous applications you have the basis of the "legal references" they use.