theForum

Already refused online Esta due to arrest question but can I apply again ?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic32882.aspx

By coco98 - 28 Jul 22 11:58 AM

I applied for an online visa to the US about two years ago and got a refusal decision because I had answered yes to being arrested. I was directed to the visa application route. I did not understand the moral turpitude meaning and have since been advised to re-apply and say no to the question. But I am not sure this is right and if they would now have a record of my previous attempt which will forever show? 

Thanks
C
By coco98 - 28 Jul 22 5:41 PM

AB2014 - 28 Jul 22 12:33 PM
coco98 - 28 Jul 22 11:58 AM
I applied for an online visa to the US about two years ago and got a refusal decision because I had answered yes to being arrested. I was directed to the visa application route. I did not understand the moral turpitude meaning and have since been advised to re-apply and say no to the question. But I am not sure this is right and if they would now have a record of my previous attempt which will forever show? 

Thanks
C

I suspect that your details are now logged in their system, so if you apply for an ESTA and say you haven't been arrested, they might query that. I've heard that there is an option to say that you had mistakenly given the wrong answer, but I have no idea what they would want after that.

Yes I think you're right. Thanks