theForum

Mobile travelling around Europe

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic33325.aspx

By JASB - 19 Dec 22 11:34 AM

Hi
I have a camper van hence the use of "mobile" in the heading but my question could be answered by someone tenting or caravanning.
As we know when on the SOR we have to give notice and certain details to the PPU when leaving the country.

I am planning such a trip for next year, possibly being away for a few months.
Especially in the first week I will not be staying more than one night in one location which will not be pre-decided as probably I will be "wild camping".

So the question is simply has anyone done something like this and how did you word the notification letter to the PPU on the first 3 nights outside of UK element?
Twice I have asked different authorities this and not got a straight reply.
By JASB - 19 Dec 22 3:35 PM

AB2014 - 19 Dec 22 1:05 PM
JASB - 19 Dec 22 11:34 AM
Hi
I have a camper van hence the use of "mobile" in the heading but my question could be answered by someone tenting or caravanning.
As we know when on the SOR we have to give notice and certain details to the PPU when leaving the country.

I am planning such a trip for next year, possibly being away for a few months.
Especially in the first week I will not be staying more than one night in one location which will not be pre-decided as probably I will be "wild camping".

So the question is simply has anyone done something like this and how did you word the notification letter to the PPU on the first 3 nights outside of UK element?
Twice I have asked different authorities this and not got a straight reply.

I can't offer any experience on this, but if the police get fussy about details of where you are, the "what3words" system works across the world. So, wild camping in itself shouldn't be a problem. You can only give them the details of your plans, and if those plans change, all you can do is tell them.

Hi as always thank you for the reply.
The last time I travelled I tried to discuss with the Met Police how I notify them of changes; they took me to court on the pretext I was trying to do a runner Smile They never did answer my question but did loose my passport but that's another story....