theForum

Second Interview...

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic33956.aspx

By NeverAgain - 15 Jun 23 11:05 AM

Just had an email from the officer in charge of my case (arrested in Jan '22 on suspicion of something to do with indecent images - been so long I actually can't remember the exact wording of what I was arrested for).

Just had an email back inviting me to a second interview next week (no comment the first time). They weren't able to extend my bail past September '22, I'd imagine that means they hadn't found any evidence.

I did a few months of therapy after the arrest to deal with the anxiety - I didn't really eat for about three weeks, and every time I went outside I felt like everyone knew something and was silently judging me. I've just read on here that that was used by their prosecution as some sort of admission of guilt. Now I'm kind of annoyed that I told the police officer in passing last time I saw them, and that it took me so long to realise what the 'SO' in StopSO stands for.

What does a second interview mean? They've got the report back from the outsourcing company, surely if there's evidence they'd just arrest me and charge me...no?

P.S. I've emailed the duty solicitor who helped me last time, I'm assuming the same one will come to this interview too - is that right, or do they just send a random one each time?
By JASB - 28 Oct 23 10:08 AM

NeverAgain - 25 Oct 23 5:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses. I've had a horrible couple of days, but the logical side of my brain is finally taking over control again.

Sent a message to a solicitor that was recommended by a friend of my mum's last night and they rang me at quarter to nine this morning. They clearly knew what they were talking about and really set me at ease, they said I should be able to get legal aid and they can represent me so I think I'm in good hands.

Still absolutely bricking it, and this has come at about the worst possible time. My mum (who I still live with because I've never been financially able to move out) is about to lose her job due to medical reasons around the same time as my court date, and my aunt (her sister) is nearing the end of her life because of stage four cancer - just found out today that she's also had a stroke...the doctors say she may only have a few weeks left.

I don't believe in karma or fate or anything like that, but I can't help but feel that everything in the universe that can go wrong is choosing the absolute worst time to do it.

My mental health is in the gutter. Not felt this bad for this long since I was arrested. I won't discuss the details of the case until I've got a verdict, but honestly at this point I just want this over. The path of least resistance seems to be to not fight it and hope the sentence (less the 30% discount) is something I can manage.

Thank you, everyone.

Hi
I believe the majority of us face the mental and emotional issues you are going through now (in regard to he offence) but if you focus on yourself as the priority, you will not only find yourself in a better place, but also able to help others that are close to you better.

Do not think you WILL get the 30% discount automatically, I pleaded guilty at my hearing as basically the charges were reduced to only what was essentially true; I had paid for the sexual services of a female under 18. All the actual details in my favor didn't matter to the Justice system as I only received 20% discount.

I would consider documenting the facts as you know them and present them to you solicitor. Their motivation and experience will provide the various options to you; however it will only be up to you to decide as they will not take responsibility for any outcome and you will find it hard to prove they are at fault if their advise is wrong.

You have a busy period in front of you so look at improving your "wellbeing" as a priority, this will help you I can promise that.