theForum

Police Disclosure

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic667.aspx

By Chris Manning - 24 Jan 16 8:40 PM

I am a nurse, I received an allegation against me that I had an inappropriate relationship with a female patient and that I had overstepped my professional boundaries. I totally deny the allegations. I was interviewed by the police who found no evidence to either prosecute or even to inform my professional body. However when I applied for a DBS they included a statement that in the police opinion I shouldn't work unsupervised with adult females. I challenged this but the police refused to remove their comments. I am unable to work because of these comments. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.
By RemorseA - 20 Mar 14 10:36 PM

Did you challenge this via the independent monitor ? Sounds like a case of unproven allegation
By Chris Manning - 24 Jan 16 8:40 PM

I have started the challenge but it has taken 4 months so far. I am supported by my union but they don't want to push the police because they feel it would rebound on me. It is so frustrating that the police can make comments without evidence.
By RemorseA - 20 Mar 14 10:36 PM

4 months is long. I guess this is taking time because there is only one person doing the independent review