theForum

Fixed penalty notice for theft - packet of gum

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic6733.aspx

By KIT - 16 Jul 11 2:27 PM

Hi i was issued with a fixed penalty notice for theft of chewing gum in June. I know how it may have looked but i meant no harm & have never had any trouble in my past. I am absolutely mortified about the situation & cant sleep/think correct. I have worked so hard to get onto this course & now i need an enhanced CRB i am terrifed that i will be flung off. I have informed the universitiess crb dept & nacro gave re-assuring advice but i would like further info or speak to somebody in the same boat. please help!

By AGAINST THE ODDS - 11 Feb 11 12:35 PM

Fixed penalty are like speeding ticket i am sure that the law states that you cannot be convicted of something unless you plead guilty or be found guilty to an offence for which you are charged in court.

however i have found a few links to this site https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100703110134AAN9WPC
and it says you will so probably
By Christopher Stacey - 18 Jun 08 1:26 PM

FPN's are not convictions but could technically be disclosed on an enhanced CRB check, although this is unlikely. It's worth taking a look at the non-conviction information page on the Information Hub section of our website - this details the decision making process in place.
By Anonymous - 12 Apr 13 3:50 PM

* Removed *

Post Edited (Spiritus) : 01/08/2013 14:29:03 (GMT+1)

By Foxtrot - 6 Mar 12 8:26 PM

This thread's nearly 2 years old now, spiritus. Those posters haven't been active for some time.

Post Edited By Moderator (Moderator) : 12/06/2013 21:26:56 (GMT+1)

By Christopher Stacey - 18 Jun 08 1:26 PM

Hi Nice Try. I'll try to be less cynical. I'm not sure I'd describe that as 'creppy'. I'd just put it down to the fact that a number of things are cropping up in relation to criminal records (in particular, filtering), and the nature of a forum like this is that people might only use it as and when they have a question. That's fine by me. I'm not sure that I would use this forum regularly if I didn't work for Unlock. It's horses for courses at the end of the day. If people want to contribute regularly, that's great. If others just want to post now and again, that's fine too.
By Anonymous - 12 Apr 13 3:50 PM

* Removed * 

Post Edited (Spiritus) : 01/08/2013 14:29:33 (GMT+1)

By RemorseA - 20 Mar 14 10:36 PM

KIT said...
Hi i was issued with a fixed penalty notice for theft of chewing gum in June. I know how it may have looked but i meant no harm & have never had any trouble in my past. I am absolutely mortified about the situation & cant sleep/think correct. I have worked so hard to get onto this course & now i need an enhanced CRB i am terrifed that i will be flung off. I have informed the universitiess crb dept & nacro gave re-assuring advice but i would like further info or speak to somebody in the same boat. please help!

Any luck with not having this on your enhanced DBS?