theForum

Open University- Not sure where or how to start, is it right for me and what will I get out of it?

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic6848.aspx

By james gtr manchester - 19 Sep 16 3:11 PM

Just started down this route, i've all but given up employment wise. Here is the process

1 - Look for course
2 - Apply for loan (payable only when you're earning more than 21k). As mine is a postgraduate course i'm elidgable for 10k loan
3 - Do course

If you're on a college (i'm subject to a SHPO and no contact under 16s - online download offence). Then you need to speak to safeguarding, but my police officer says its something they deal with all the time.

I've chosen the distance learning route, as i'm uncomfortable going down to a college and speaking to someone about my offence. Its something i'm trying to avoid.....

By MC - 23 Jan 11 3:02 PM

I am thinking of studying with the open University, mostly for self satisfaction and to prove to myself that I can do it. To be honest I am still trying to decide which subject/s I would like to study but I am not sure where to start and what different types of qualifications are available and what I have to do to achieve them. Any help or advice would be very much appieciated. Many thanks in advance.