theForum

Contents and building insurance effected,Our son has just got a criminal record.?Advise needed.

https://forum.unlock.org.uk/Topic7041.aspx

By Deb S - 16 Sep 11 1:36 PM

Hi Maysie

Have a look at the Information Hub. There is a list of motor insurers that only ask about motoring convictions, not criminal convictions - hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/list-motor-insurers/

also

a list of brokers who should be able to help you with house and contents insurance - hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/list-insurance-brokers/.

Good luck

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

By Grease66 - 1 Apr 15 10:18 AM

I was insured with Aviva and I cancelled before they got the chance to cancel on me. I used the Insurance Broker list that Unlock have on their Website and they found me buildings and contents insurance cheaper than Avica so I was very pleased.
By Maysie - 14 Apr 15 5:46 AM

Thanks Deb S and Grease66.

I've had a look at the list, thank you.

Direct Line are no good by the way, they outright refused as soon as a conviction was mentioned.

Hopefully I won't have to pay through the roof!
By CC - 19 Sep 14 8:23 PM

Adrian Flux for house and Aviva for car( Aviva didn't want to know about my conviction for my car insurance when I told them they said it wasn't relevant to the policy).

This works for me and is the most competitive way of doing it [for me].

Next year its been 5 years since my release so I can try LV for my house as I am told they don't count convictions more than 5 years old.
Don't know if they will be cheaper but another quote is always welcome.

Just as a tip, I always ring direct and ask first if they will cover me with my conviction before I even give my personal details such as full name and address. You would be surprised how often that works and saves embarrassment and giving info to a company that will turn you down.
I asked this of LV and that's how I found out about the 5 year thing without telling them who I was then when I come back to them It wont be a problem as they will ask if I have any criminal convictions in the last 5 years and I can say no :-)

Post Edited (CC) : 10/05/2015 01:20:12 (GMT+2)

By Maysie - 14 Apr 15 5:46 AM

Morning all,

My Fiancé is due for release in June and I need to arrange car insurance so that he can drive my car. I also need to get building and contents house insurance sorted.

Any suggestions on who is best to go with?

Thanks,

Maysie