theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Self Employment

Self Employment

Author
Hobbit
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Oh might add, it is a good idea to research online especially ebay/amazon biggest traders.

Don't forget ebay may already have many people selling your items online already and perhaps cheaper, always a good idea to check competition out while seeing there prices and stock and type.

opening up an ebay shop I hear is both simple and easy and everyone's protected under paypal and ebay. But this is not to stop you from opening a separate website and selling from there also, covering both angles would proof best in the long run for any business.

Perhaps Google your item you want to sell and see what comes up also.

Online businesses seem to be the best way to go, I have heard many people have even opened an account on youtube. There are many cases where girls have opened a beauty channel where they give tips on hair and style and use different products and review them, if there videos get accessed many times, it can lead to more hits and youtube or other companies may sponsor you. I have heard many people on youtube create a few videos per week and even after many years they are still getting 10p each time someone watches there video. It all adds up some get 100 some get 1k per month depends on how popular and how many sponsors you get.

There are many ideas out there, but as you always say once you find that niche you grab it and stick to it.
Hobbit
Hobbit
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)Supreme Being (11K reputation)

Looks like everyone has gone self employed apart from myself Wink

I agree though its the products and then the rest is doable, ebay makes it possible.

I was reading how a woman in her 40s owns a ebay shop selling cheap 2nd hand laptops and netbooks and she works hard 7 days a week fixing and maintaining them and then selling them all year round and she then takes a good 2-3 weeks off each year and spends 2-3k on a holiday for 'adults' and that is without her husband Wink
Hobbit
Hobbit
Supreme Being

Its the right and only choice I think, more so considering the recession and high unemployment and no I do not believe any government figures on employment going down that simply means they put everyone on newdeal or a work scheme, same applies for recession figures.

Even high street shops and your local tesco and asdas no ones hiring full timers its all part timers and they will always want the cheapest ie 17 year old school leaver who can do an 8hr shift or 'more'

I think self employment is the key but finding an idea for a business that will work and survive is another thing all together, and most importantly self employment should not involve cultivating weed plants and stroking them before going to sleep.
Anonymous
Anonymous

Still no mention of the type of business then ?...I guess that is a little secret, like may others, that will never be disclosed.

Going through some of your 625 posts, you seem fixated with "Sexual offences" and discussions on "Sex offenders".

Sorry mate, in hindsight, and bearing in mind your strange views and almost fetish type obsession, I don't think your really the type of person I want to talk to anymore. 

Good-Bye . 

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:28:20 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:26:28 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:27:22 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:27:54 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:24:43 (GMT+1)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Post Edited (Q3) : 17/08/2013 10:23:51 (GMT+1)

GO